Monday, August 10, 2009

North Perth Bowls Club 09/08/09.











"doo do dee doo doo doowee doo doo dododoo wa wa wa wa wawa wa wawawa doo doo doo second verse same as the first"


On Sunday I went to the North Perth Bowls Club. I thought about writing some sort of conventional gig review but I soon realised that takes a level of effort I don't have after doing the other stuff so I'll just talk(write?) shit for a while. Gigs at the bowls club are awesome,no amount of grumpy and surreal looking old men can ruin the good times, More gigs there please! There was a raffle but Pat,who booked the whole deal, lost it. Taco Leg opened precedings like a fat man ripping up a bag of chips. They are one of my favourite bands of all time. I think they're famous now too. Their set was very tight this time, almost profesh. Brutal. After leg was Shock! Horror! who seem in a period of transition. Last time I saw them it was all "indie synth pop with shouty vocals" but this time they were down one person and were less shouty more synthy. Next came Bermuda who's set may have been their first gig, at least as far as I'm aware. V. Impressive. They covered Not Fade Away and threatened to do Louie Louie as well. Pat is brewtalll. After I drank some free beer(coopers green) I stole from Astral Travel they played. I've seen them a fair few times over the last 2? years and this was a good show. If you haven't seem them yet ask yourself why?
All in all a fine evening.
More Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment