Monday, December 14, 2009

Chelsea's Party 11-12-09.




I was going to start this post with a joke about the dwindling number of music venues in perth and the only solution being house parties but i don't think more jokes are nec.

Closer Encounter played their first gigaroonee at the party and they were great all echo'ed fingerpicked guitar, percussion and verby vocals. They had a song about "the episode of the OC where Merrissa dies" I must have missed that/every episode. Maybe they'll do more shows, we can only hope for another encounter.

Golden Staph played their third show on the evening, veterans. Tighter than a locknut and more brutal than an off sandwich, they were very good. I hear they are makin' a tape.

Wind Waker played but some techno difficulty means it wasn't recorded. I also hear they have an EP coming out at the end of January.

Taco Leg played a repeat performance of their cover of side A of Black Flag's iconic debut album Damaged. This was good as I missed the Moon cafe power-violence spectacular.

In summary playing parties rules, especially when it's in a small room so full of people you can't see who you're supposed to be playing music with.

No comments:

Post a Comment